May 20, 2020
Webinar – How Canadian SMEs, OEMs and Innovators can join MICA
[rt_reading_time] MIN READ
Date and time: Thursday, May 21, 2020, 2:30 PM – 3:00 PM EDT
CEMI is the lead applicant in MICA, a high-performance and efficient nationally connected SME based innovation ecosystem that will provide maximum benefit to the Canadian and global mining industry. This program with an estimated value of $120M, is an initiative to secure investment that will:
- develop the capacity of the Canadian mining innovation and technology development ecosystem
- secure investments from the public and private sector to advance key SME led clean-technologies
Who should attend?
Owners, inventors, managers and Innovators from organizations that support the Mining and Mineral Processing industry in Canada.
How will SMEs, OEMs, and Innovators benefit from MICA?
- By accessing leveraged funding to develop high TRL (6-8) technologies.
- By identifying validated and vetted first adopters of technologies.
- By creating solutions to secure competitive advantage.
- By having ready access to testbed in mining and plant operations.
- By leveraging the complementary technologies and technical capabilities of network members.
- By identifying mining company and plant operators interested in co-investing in SME led projects.
- By leveraging the capabilities of the Canadian mining and innovation network.
- By contributing to the development of made in Canada of clean-technologies.
- By getting access to validated and vetted mining and plant operational challenges.
- By participating in MICA events
- By participating in the governance or on some of the proposed MICA committees.
What will be covered during the Webinar?
- About CEMI
- Overview of MICA
- About the Strategic Innovation Fund (SIF) Stream 5
- How will SMEs, OEMS and Innovators benefit from MICA?
- How join MICA?
- Questions and Answers, Next Steps