Jan 08, 2020
MineConnect Welcomes Paul Finley as Director of Member Relations
2 MIN READ
Paul Finley has over 30 years of experience in business, community, and economic development as a consultant, business development officer, and international trade advisor. In these roles, he has worked with companies, municipalities, small business entrepreneurs, not-for-profit organizations and senior government agencies in the coordination of business, trade and investment and community development initiatives. He also served as a municipal councilor for 15 years and therefore understands the operational characteristics, challenges and needs of rural and mid-sized Ontario communities. Through his years of engagement, Paul has developed a sound understanding of both industry and government and believes that the key to business and social sustainability rests in the formation of strategic alliances between individuals, governments, companies and institutions and the promotion of awareness, leadership, and advocacy regarding such issues as resource and energy development, environmental responsibility, small business creation, and cultural inclusion.
Some of his current and past business activities / accomplishments include:
- Principal, Global Perspectives – providing assistance to companies in the development of business and marketing solutions and optimization of growth and expansion strategies
- Greater Sudbury Synergy Project – management of feasibility study/development plan for a multi-use, convention & performing arts center & ancillary commercial development
- Pan Northern Investment Attraction Initiative – development of a comprehensive partnership strategy for an alliance of northern Ontario communities to assist them in increasing their capacity to attract foreign direct investment.
- Team Northern Ontario Export Initiative – development of a network and strategy to support northern Ontario companies and communities in pursuit of international business opportunities through: increased trade readiness/capacity of SME’s; strengthening working relationships with government trade partners; enhanced presence of northern Ontario in global markets; improved best practices of northern Ontario companies.
- Northern Ontario “Oilsands” Initiative – creation/implementation of a comprehensive strategy to link northern Ontario companies with resource development and manufacturing opportunities in western Canada’s oil & gas, mining and agri-business sectors. Over 20 companies participated in the development of partnerships / business opportunities.
- Other activities and affiliations include:
- Founding Board member of the Canadian Sport Tourism Alliance
- Executive Board member of the Ontario Sustainable Energy Association
- Board member / President; Economic Developers Council of Ontario
- Board member; Economic Developers Association of Canada
- Member of Advisory Committee for Northern Ontario Growth Plan