Oct 22, 2020
Job Opportunity: Marketing & Communications Intern at MineConnect
2 MIN READ
Why work for MineConnect? Our mission is to provide the most innovative and highest quality mining supply/products/services for domestic and worldwide markets. Our mission statement reads “Suppliers of Choice to the World”.
Since March of 2018, we have increased our membership by over 105% and we’re not stopping there. MineConnect is a growing organization, in a booming industry, with a strategic plan to continue expanding our reach throughout the world.
We’re looking for an energetic and self-motivated Marketing Assistant to join our team. If you’re an ambitious individual who is looking to build a career in the marketing and communications field, then we want to work with you. The successful candidate will assist the Executive Director and Marketing Committee with the creation of monthly newsletters, website updates, social media management, event promotion and new member recruitment.
Additional duties may include working closely with local media to promote MineConnect’s initiatives, researching new grant opportunities and joining the Executive Director at Board meetings.
- Create and disseminate monthly newsletter
- Update and manage social media accounts
- Update and maintain the MineConnect website including the assessment of related analytics
- Support the implementation of an international marketing campaign
- Distribute corporate communications tools[BF1]
- Create new sponsorship packages and promotional materials for various MineConnect events
- Implement a member retention strategy
- Research new grant opportunities to support MineConnect initiatives
- Assist with Board and committee meetings
Qualifications, Education and Experience
- Diploma or Degree in Business Administration, Communications, Marketing, or related field.
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Skilled in using MS Office applications
- Experience with multimedia software an asset
- Strong time management, organizational and team work skills
- Clear understanding of privacy and confidentiality
- Experience working with not-for-profit boards an asset
- Driver’s license and access to a vehicle
- Bilingualism (Fr / Eng) an asset
Youth Internship Eligibility Criteria:
- Candidate must be unemployed or underemployed
- Candidate must have graduated within the last three (3) years with a degree, diploma or certificate
- Candidate must not be related to members of the directors, officers or managers of MineConnect
- Candidate must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Candidate must not have previously participated as a youth intern in any of FedNor’s Programs or in any other federal or provincial internship program with pay for a period of six (6) months or more
Job Types: Full-time, 1 Year Contract
Salary range $35 to $40K per annum depending upon related experience and credentials.
Deadline for submission: November, 1 at 11:59 PM Please send all resumes and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org