Jun 12, 2019
Intern Position MineConnect/GSDC 2019 Please Distribute
3 MIN READ
Junior Business Officer (Funded Position) EX19-475
Employment Opportunity Notice: EX19-475
This Opportunity is Proudly Supported by:
Junior Business Officer
Sudbury Area Mining Supply and
Service Association (MineConnect)
Reporting Location: Tom Davies Square
Estimated Probable Duration: One (1) Year
70 Hours Bi-Weekly
Start Date to Follow Selection Process
The Investment and Business Development Section, Economic Development Division, Office of the Chief Administrative Officer of the City of Greater Sudbury, requires a Junior Business Officer (Funded). The successful candidate must possess the qualifications and perform the duties, as set out below. The current range of pay for this position is $24.05 to $28.15 per hour.
In support of the Sudbury Area Mining Supply and Service Association (MineConnect): Assist in the organization, implementation and reporting for the various programs and initiatives delivered by MineConnect.
Under the General Supervision of the Business Development Officer or Project Manager, Northern Ontario Exports Program
- Assist in guiding, advising and counselling clients through business start-up procedures, business planning, market research, regulations and available resources.
- Assist in directing clients to the appropriate public and private sector business resources.
- Develop seminar, workshop and presentation materials.
- Participate and assist with relevant conferences, workshops, trade fairs, and events as required. Coordinate and communicate logistics, marketing, sponsorships and sales.
- Carry out market research and client surveys to assess demand, identify gaps and meet/exceed target market expectations.
- Assist in the organization, implementation and reporting for various programs and initiatives delivered by the Regional Business Centre and the Investment and Business Development Section.
- Assist Investment and Business Development Officers with various projects, site selection requests and business investment inquiries.
- Assist in the preparation of reports and briefing notes for various partners of the Regional Business Centre and the Investment and Business Development Section.
- Assist in the delivery of youth and other entrepreneurship-related programs and activities.
- Work outside regular office hours as required.
- Develop and maintain a through working knowledge of CGS’s Safety Manual and the applicable Provincial Legislation listed therein.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- Successful completion within the previous three (3) years of a Community College Diploma or University degree in Business Administration, Marketing or Economic Development.
- Must be first full-time employment opportunity in the successful candidate’s field of study.
- Must not have previously participated in an NOHFC or FedNor internship.
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada.
- Knowledge of various computer applications including Windows based systems, Internet, word processing, data base and spreadsheet applications.
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal and communications skills.
- Demonstrate organizational and analytical ability.
- Demonstrate skills and abilities related to the use of information technology.
- Excellent use of English; verbally and in writing.
- French verbal and written skills an asset
- Satisfactory health, attendance and employment history.
- Physical capability to operate a vehicle safely, possession of a valid driver’s licence and an acceptable driving record is required for the number of positions necessary to fulfil the duties of the project.
How to Apply:
Qualified candidates should submit their résumé in confidence by Friday, June 21, 2019 at 4:30 PM to: Citizen Service Centre, The City of Greater Sudbury, PO Box 5000, Station A, 200 Brady Street, Sudbury, Ontario, P3A 5P3, Facsimile number: 705-673-7219 or by e-mail to: email@example.com Any application received after this deadline will not be considered. Please reference the Employment Opportunity number (EX19-475) on your resume.
For further instructions on how to apply to this position, please visit our How to Apply section.
The City of Greater Sudbury is dedicated to maintaining a fair and equitable work environment, and welcomes submissions from all qualified applicants.
Personal information submitted will be used for the purpose of determining suitability for this competition only in accordance with The Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
All applicants are thanked for their interest in this position. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. If contacted, and you require a disability related accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, you must advise the Hiring Manager.