Jan 13, 2021
Executive Director – Job Description
3 MIN READ
Why work for MineConnect?
MineConnect is a regional association representing the interests of mining supply and services companies throughout Northern Ontario. Formed in 2003, the organization has established one strong, clear voice for the industry. The Executive Director will lead the organization’s efforts to assist our member companies grow their businesses both regionally and on a global stage. Our members are responsible for developing some of the most innovative mining solutions in the world. Since March of 2018, we have increased our membership by over 100% and we’re not stopping there.
MineConnect is a growing organization, in a booming industry, with a strategic plan to continue expanding across Northern Ontario. We’re looking for someone who is an advocate for the mining industry that can manage MineConnect’s day-to-day operations while facilitating growth and new opportunities for our members.
The successful candidate will be a proven opportunity creator and exceptional communicator. Previous international experience is an asset as this position requires some travel as well as leading trade missions, hosting buyers from other countries and liaising with mining companies from Ontario and around the globe.
A significant advantage of this position is that most of the heavy lifting is done. We have recently established global lead generation and trade programs, introduced networking events and a new website was launched this year. In 2021, we will be opening an office in Elko, Nevada to assist our member companies in establishing a presence throughout the Southwest USA. The Executive Director will be eager to utilize these tools to sell an ideology that helps MineConnect blaze a path in the mining industry.
From our main office located in the City of Greater Sudbury, the successful candidate will have the ability to work remotely when possible and the flexibility of creating his or her own schedule.
MineConnect offers a competitive salary range between $75k-85k with a bonus structure based on the retention and growth of membership.
- Management and daily operation of MineConnect on behalf of its 180+ members.
- Assist the President and Board to fulfill their governance function.
- Provide direction and leadership toward the achievement of the Association’s philosophy, mission, strategy, and its annual goals and objectives.
- Attend relevant meetings and assists in creating appropriate partnerships that will expand the Association’s reach and membership base.
- Initiate activities and strategic alliances that enhance the Association’s value proposition.
- Ensure financial management of the corporation and its compliance with Canadian Revenue Services rules and regulations.
- Collaborate with all levels of government and a wide range of Northern Ontario communities, businesses and other stakeholders to influence co-operation and raise awareness of the Association.
- Oversee design, marketing promotion, delivery and quality of programs, products and services.
- Assure the association and its mission, programs and services are presented in strong positive images to all stakeholders and potential members.
Desired Skills, Education & Experience:
- Post-secondary education in Mining, Business or other relevant education combined with 7+ years of experience.
- Understanding of the mining industry and its importance to the region and Canada.
- Experience in organizing and leading trade missions to jurisdictions outside Ontario to generate new export opportunities for members.
- Previous experience in leading a no- for-profit association and working with volunteer Board of Directors.
- Established network within the local and international mining community.
- Ability to build effective relationships with people at varying levels of the private sector and government organizations.
- Excellent communication skills for public presentations.
- Willing to travel and work with members and global mining companies.
- Understanding of government programs and how they can be leveraged to support the activities of the MineConnect.
- Proficient in the use of common office software (eg. spreadsheet, word processing, presentations, graphics, case management)
- Bilingualism is an asset.
Email resumé and cover letter to the attention of the Hiring Committee at email@example.com. Please include “Executive Director job search” in your email subject line.
DEADLINE TO APPLY:
Close of day Monday, January 25, 2021
MineConnect thanks everyone who takes the time to apply, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.